Out of the periphery of most online users, there is a vast, hidden space used by people who want to remain anonymous, which filmmaker Alex Winter explores in his documentary Deep Web. The film focuses on the Silk Road, a black market hosted on the Darknet using bitcoin cryptocurrency, and the trial of Ross Ulbricht, who was given a double life sentence without the possibility of parole for creating and hosting this site.
Abby Martin and Alex Winter discuss more about the Deep Web, the Drug War, and why encryption on things like signal still matter in light of the Wikileaks’ Vault 7 release.
It is well worth watching this to gain a better understanding of how the Web works and cuts through the hysteria and sensational rhetoric surrounding this subject. It also alludes to the issue of cyber crime which we have discussed publicly on many occasions and why it will be the hot war of the 21st Century, in our opinion. Conventional weapons and military warfare will increasingly become irrelevant, particularly when the prospect of a group of techno geeks taking down an entire nation is a distinct reality and in the not too distant future.
We would also refer you to the YouTube clip where we discussed cyber crime which in our opinion is misunderstood and largely overlooked.
- A major problem which we hear about it every day
- 2 billion records were lost or stolen last year
- Often it is months before such crimes are reported in the media, affecting tens of millions of people
- We are led to believe it is usually nation-state activity namely espionage, which is only a small portion of the problem
- Often it is companies not owning up to their ineffective security who blame the nation states of the world and attempt to take the heat off these organisations in terms of regulators
- It is now estimated that 85% of such activity is as a result of highly coordinated, organised and sophisticated criminal outfits
- Cyber crime is now one of the largest industries and economies in the world, grossing over 400bn dollars per year. We have little or no idea what the proceeds are spent on
Second class citizens are still demanding "self help remedies," for this conceptual battle. This is not a right or wrong ideology, but a allegiance to the manner. Study the feudal system on who your master is?
The second conceptual ideology presented here again is fear and envy. Here we have a beautiful host talk about subjects the mass population knows nothing about because news is the surface before digging down the rabbit hole. Once people are exposed to the layers in technological advances in how things work, they will be passengers on a airplane, still not knowing how they got to point B from point A. There are two governments working in the United States; one is for the Free and the other is subject to the voluntary servitude. Please Sirius, expose the parallel world we are living under. Read SovereignToSerf book by Roger Sayles, have Roger as your news format? Thank you