Mil.ru / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0)
In part two we assess Putin’s speech to Russian lawmakers in March 2018 as he outlined Russia’s future military aspirations. As ever it should be noted that when Russia says something is in development, it often means it is already operational. In terms of ongoing security issues Putin announced sweeping changes to the Russian military as follows:
- Development of new and improved strategic weapons, with enhanced counter-measures making them harder to intercept.
- Development of a nuclear reactor which can be mounted onto a sea-launched or air-launched cruise missile and provide it with a limitless range.
- Development of a underwater drone with increased endurance and stealth capabilities, with a smaller and more powerful nuclear reactor than earlier models, which can counter enemy aircraft carrier groups and attack shoreline defences.
- Development of an advanced hypersonic missile weapon system, currently deployed in pilot mode in southern Russia. This missile is launched from an aircraft and reaches a speed of Mach-10 while manoeuvring to penetrate anti-aircraft systems and can be fitted with a nuclear warhead.
- Development of a hypersonic gliding warhead which can reach Mach-20 speeds and has significant manoeuvring capabilities that make it immune to all anti-missile weapons existing today.
- Development of laser weapon systems.
- Technological achievements implicit in developing these new weapons will eventually find their way into civilian life.
- Russia’s enhanced strategic deterrence has rendered all US efforts to gain military supremacy a waste of time, effort and money.
- Now is the time for the US to rethink its stance, retire warmongers and stop endangering the entire planet for the sake of its own ambition. Putin stated that Russia is prepared to use its weapons, including nuclear ones if attacked, and that nobody should think otherwise,
It is worth highlighting one such example of these developments to illustrate why this was a seismic moment in the event driven reset. The Kinzhal hypersonic system which was announced by President Putin in the speech to lawmakers is an air-launched missile system. It is capable of rendering all existing and prospective anti-missile systems useless and is also able to destroy large moving sea-based targets such as aircraft carriers, destroyers and cruisers.
What gives this a huge advantage over western technologies is that this is a unique class of precision weapons which has a multifunctional warhead capable of striking at both stationary and moving targets. Furthermore, the Kinzhal system is based on the MiG-31 supersonic interceptor aircraft, in that the plane “takes off into the air, accelerates to a certain speed at a high altitude, and then the missile begins its own autonomous movement.” The system’s capability to reach speeds of Mach 10 allows the missile to approach its target quickly, in contrast to cruise missiles, which fly at an average speed of about 850-900 km/h.
In further developments and in keeping with what we have said previously that Russia has tested new technologies in battlefield conditions, it has been confirmed that in early January of 2018 the Russian military used high-precision Krasnopol projectiles to destroy a group of Daesh terrorists who had previously attacked the Hmeimim Airbase in Syria with drones.
To dispel western rumours that such technology was an illusion, the Russian Defense Ministry released a video showing the test-firing of sophisticated Krasnopol projectiles which had a reported accuracy of over 95%. The Krasnopol is a cannon-launched laser-guided artillery projectile which is mainly fired from Russian self-propelled howitzers.
Since that speech two years ago, Russia has highlighted technologies the west thought where many years away in terms of their development. What this once again highlights is our often stated assertion, that Russia is many iterations ahead in terms of technological development than they will admit to. Why should this be any surprise to us?
Incredibly, elements within Washington still live under the dangerous and deluded notion that their military might is going to allow them to continue to dictate global geopolitics. However US observers were granted access to a demonstration of Russian hypersonic missile systems in late 2019, suffice to say it had a very sobering affect on those present.
Trillions of dollars has been wasted on US technology, such as the F-35 and the overall outlay is mind-bending. In addition the US war machine has also wasted many trillions of dolalrs on endless and futile wars such as Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq, never mind the so called black ops which have been ongoing for decades across the four corners of the planet as well as the near 800 military bases in 70 countries. When will the American people ask themselves why is such huge expenditure not being spent for the betterment of our domestic lives? Imagine if those trillions of dollars had actually been spent in the US on e.g. rebuilding its crumbling infrastructure, healthcare and technological advancements?
The reality is that the US is now caught in an asymmetric war and weapons trap from which it can’t escape. The problem the US military has had for many years is not the lack of investment but that the cabalists fortuitously lacked the necessary expertise to fulfil their aims. As we have said before Russia also duped Washington by cooking their financial books, by taking much of their military spending off-book. The US was lulled into a false sense of security but in the end it probably saved us from the genuine risk of a third world war.